Please support our efforts again this year, to help support breast cancer survivors just like me in our area.
Team “Down to A Ta” is registered online and ready for team members.
- If you want to walk with us this year, please register yourself as soon as possible by visiting this page and click “Join My Team” and remember to receive a commemorative walker T-shirt you must raise at least $100 and turn it in before the walk. To ensure you get the t-shirt size you want, please have funds to me by October 13, 2015.
- To make a donation, please go here and click “Donate Now”
- If you know someone else who wants to walk with us, make a donation, or sell angels/bracelets for us, please pass along this email
2015 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Important Dates
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is a non-competitive 5K Walk that
starts and ends at Uptown Station in Fort Walton Beach
October, 17, 2015
Registration begins at 8 am
Walk begins at 9 am
Survivors Tea will be held on October 4, 2015. More info will follow (time and location, RSVP info) as we get closer.
Bank Night / Money due October 13, 2015. If you are walking and want a commemorative T-shirt, please raise at least $100 and have it turned in by October 13, 2015.
Thank you again for your awesome support. Because of people just like you, we’ve raised over $25,000 to help breast cancer patients since we started in 2010!!
We are thrilled to not only have achieved our fundraising goal for 2014, but we were also one of the top 3 online fundraising teams! Every bracelet/angel purchase, cash donation, and volunteer contributed to this amazing achievement. Thank you again for your support.
But it isn’t over!
We sell bracelets and angels YEAR-ROUND. They a a great way to adorn a holiday gift and will make cute and meaningful stocking-stuffers,
Bracelets for Boobies is now selling at the Downtown Fort Walton Beach Farmer’s Market each month! Here is our schedule:
- Saturday July 12 | 8am – 10pm
- Saturday August 9 | 8am – 12pm
- Saturday September 13 | 8am – 12pm
- Saturday October 11 | 8am – 12pm
Learn more about the events at Downtown Fort Walton Beach here.
Prayer Angels – $5 donation/each
Bracelets – $10 donation/each
We were featured in a Northwest Florida Daily News articel covering the June Farmer’s Market in Downtown Fort Walton Beach:
Lisa Smith of Fort Walton Beach is at the market to raise money for her Making Strides team by selling angel charms and “bracelets for boobies” to benefit the American Cancer Society.
Read the rest of the article here.
The September/October 2012 issue of Emerald Ladies Journal featured local breast cancer survivors on the cover, and gave each survivor a full page inside the magazine.
See the issue online
Putting on our pink bra creativity to help raise awareness and funds for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, an American Cancer Society annual fundraiser.
We were featured in the local newspaper (NWF Daily News) and also in the Tallahassee Democrat.
Team “Down To A Ta” raised $3,000 for 2011!!
Team “Down To A Ta” reaches $13,000 fundraising goal!